Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed
Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed is a fully balanced diet that sustains high-quality nutrition synonymous with the Nature’s Nest brand.
Consumed either wet or dry, it is perfect for baby birds weaning of porridge. Add water to create a crumbly texture for parrots who prefer wet food, or add a little bit of yogurt to create a great breakfast cereal.
Do not leave wet food in the bowl for longer than 12 hours, especially in summer. If you feed your parrot other food make sure it does not comprise of more than 40% of its daily food intake.
FREE delivery in the Vaal Triangle & Midvaal areas on orders over R300-00!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed
- Avian Complete
- Micronized Maize
These guidelines apply to all food products in our range, including Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed, Softgrain, Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed, and Natures Nest Avian Deluxe Bird Seed. It should be adapted to the needs of individual birds.
Bird species referenced below pertains to size, if your parrot species is not mentioned below refer to one closest in size. The following chart is an indication of what food products you should give to your bird.
At Nature’s Nest, we are proud of our all-natural range of foods and complimentary supplemental products. No artificial sweeteners or preservatives are used during the manufacturing process.
|Type of bird||Avian Complete||Avian Deluxe||Avian Wholegrain||Avian Softgrain|
Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed FEEDING VOLUMES
|Volume (per 250ml cup)||Per day|
|Budgie / Cockatiel / Lovebird||1/3 cup|
|Ringneck / Senegal||1/2 cup|
|African Grey / Amazon||2/3 cup|
|Macaw / Large Cockatoo||1 cup|
HOW LONG SHOULD 1KG OF FOOD LAST?
|Type of bird||Weeks|
|Budgie / Cockatiel / Lovebird||4|
|Ringneck / Senegal||3|
|African Grey / Amazon||2|
|Macaw / Large Cockatoo||1|
Did you know?
- The only sweetener used in our food is all-natural apple concentrate.
- All our pellets have added detox granules, which aid in the removal of any paint or metal particles that might be present in the digestive tract of your bird, because, as we all know, they like to chew and nibble on all things.
- We produce small batches at a time to ensure quality freshness.
- Our distributors and stockists are nationwide and the list with contact details can easily be found on our website.
- If by any chance there are no stockists in your area, we can courier your order directly to your door.
- Our range of food products freezes well which makes bulk buying possible.
- Even when buying in bulk the food is packaged in individual 1kg sealed packets ensuring lasting freshness.
- All our products are exposed to high-temperature processing to ensure a healthier product.
- The freshness of our products and the lack of chemical preservatives may attract weevils. Please ensure that all Nature’s Nest food is stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place. We package all our foods in airtight, re-sealable 1kg packets for longer-lasting freshness. High humidity can cause all the freshly packed goodness to get mold so correct storage is key!
A few tips on keeping our products fresh for optimal enjoyment, because, as we all know, temperature and humidity fluctuations can have an effect on many food items!
- If you prefer to store the food in your own containers make sure they are dry and seal airtight. Using a dry scoop is always recommended.
- In order to avoid cross-contamination, store separately from other food.
- We all love sunlight, but sealed fresh food items do not. Avoid storage or exposure as the ingredients can get sweaty and cause mold, especially in our warm sunny climate.
- Storage below 25 degrees Celsius in a dry place is ideal, and a special place in the fridge works great too.
- Have a look at the expiry dates and overall condition of the packaging. If anything seems to be amiss please notify us or the supplier you purchase from.
- If your feathered companion prefers dry food check on it regularly and take care not to leave contents in the food bowl for longer than 24 hours.
- With the presence of wet food, make sure that the food does not stay in the bowl for longer than 12 hours.
- Take a peek at the food bowl regularly to check for any contamination of water or any of his/her droppings and change if spotted.
Common problems encountered – Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed is a natural product formulated with the minimum preservatives. No chemical preservatives that can be harmful to your bird are used. This is for the benefit of your bird but it also forces us as supplier, and you as a bird owner to take good care of the product.
We at Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed is decided to follow this route and to educate you as a bird owner. Adding chemical preservatives to ensure an uncontaminated product is an unacceptable alternative from a veterinary perspective.
The most common problems encountered Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed:
1. Gets exposed to high humidity or gets wet which can cause fungal growth.
2. Weevils – any grain product can easily be contaminated with weevils. Even products such as your breakfast cereal, cake flour, etc.
Remember to ensure good food for your bird. It is Nature’s Nest‘s and your responsibility BECAUSE THEY DESERVE Natures Nest Avian Wholegrain Bird Seed!